Sunday, October 30, 2016

October 29, 2016 Last day at Twala

Woke up at 12:30 a.m. again, but after checking emails and downloading photos, I was able to nap a bit again.  Work for animal platters starts before 6 a.m., for which I was awake and able to help.

The truck had gone to get some produce - the bruised outdates from markets that they donate for the animals.  There is competition for this produce, but Twala gets a fair share.


The platters are very specific to animal and to content.  They vary over the days, but ensure balanced nutrition.

Collin working in prep area with jugs of seeds and other items below.

Mid-day siesta.

Monkey at my window, trying to find a way in.

He's a tall boy!

Aha - success?

Some live action.

 Egyptian geese.

Red-faced ducks.

Turkey or unicorn?

Pulled over during my ride back to Harare.  Poor Sam the driver was in quite a panic.  Can you see the problem?

Corner of sticker curled up behind rear-view mirror.  Riiiiiight.

$20 later to the "nice" policeman, we were on our way.  I got dropped at the Bronte Hotel and did my long-overdue laundry, then washed myself of all those days of rural Zimbabwe.  It was a dream, but I was ready to be cleaned up.  Once done, I fell into a heap in my bed.

A few hours later, the rest of the team arrived and we had dinner.  They are nice guys and I hope this will be a great experience.

Back to bed and a long, hard sleep.

No comments: